All the events listed below will be repeated several times a year with every event available at least once in your region.
Contracting – events and training workshops covering all the basic knowledge needed by primary care contracting and commissioning teams, for individuals relatively new to the area and those with existing experience seeking to keep their knowledge up to date.
- Medical contracting essentials
- 2016/17 primary medical care contracting changes
- Pharmacy services in the wider system
- Processing applications for pharmaceutical services
- Determining applications for pharmaceutical services
- Rurality and dispensing doctors
- Dental contracting essentials
- Eye health contracting essentials
- Primary care financial flows and funding streams
- Primary care premises essentials
- Premises - developing the vision and strategy
- Making best use of the NHS standard contract
- Procurement essentials
Skills – training in the generic skills needed to enable co-commissioning, organisational change and the growing need for collaboration between commissioners, providers, professionals and patients, mostly delivered through intensive half-day workshops.
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- The leader as a coach
- Successful change agents
- Project management
Transformation – events covering some of the broader technical and strategic issues faced by primary care commissioners, particularly as distinctions between primary care and the wider commissioning agenda are eroded by co-commissioning and the move towards new models of care envisaged by the Five Year Forward View.
- Primary care transformation: question time
- Making sense of outcomes-based commissioning
- Making primary care transformation a reality
- Designing services around patients