Electronic prescription service saves NHS £130 million over three years
The electronic prescription service (EPS) has managed to save the NHS £130 million over three years.
By allowing GP surgeries to send prescriptions directly to pharmacies, the EPS system, which has been developed by NHS Digital, has helped to save patients time and money when collecting their medications.
An audit of patients using the system found that 72% said their medicines were ready and waiting for them when they arrived at their pharmacy, with the average prescription collection around 20 minutes quicker under the EPS system.
Tel: 0113 2124 180
Sign up to receive regular news.
- Guidance on commissioning medicines optimisation services from community pharmacy
- PCTs to be added to the EPS authorisation directions from 1 February 2013
- PCTs to be added to the EPS authorisation directions from 1 December 2012
- Transforming primary care in Essex
- DDA Annual Conference presentations