You are here
- Topics & resources
- Contracts and contract monitoring
- Procurement and the market
- Leadership and engagement
- Changing services
- Primary care professions
- Dental contract reform
- Dental services
- Case Studies
- Policy & Guidance
Report highlights alarming level of readmission for COPD patients
A new report from the Royal College of Physicians shows that 43% of patients admitted for hospital treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were readmitted at least once in the three months following discharge, up from 33% in 2008.
COPD is responsible for 5% of annual deaths globally, is the fifth biggest killer in the UK and is the only major cause of death that is on the increase.
Sign up to receive regular news.
- Chronic smoking-related lung disease blights over 1 million lives in England
- Tackling variation in care of patients with COPD
- Addressing the variation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Designing and commissioning services for adults with asthma: a good practice guide
- NICE approves COPD treatment roflumilast for routine NHS use