- Topics & resources
- Contracts and contract monitoring
- Procurement and the market
- Leadership and engagement
- Changing services
- Primary care professions
- Dental contract reform
- Dental services
- Case Studies
- Policy & Guidance
Presentations from Health Coaching Summit 26 February 2013
The Health Coaching Summit held on 26 February 2013 was sponsored by the NHS Institute of Innovation and Improvement and NHS Commissioning Board to learn more about the compelling evidence for health coaching and shape how this is taken forward across the NHS, to augment other approaches to managing long term conditions.
Health coaching combines clinical practice with specific communications skills and techniques (skills in behaviour change) which aim to transform clinician/patient relationships and support self care, drawing on patients’ own resources. There is a growing body of evidence of it’s impact in improving patient satisfaction and outcomes in the USA, although health coaching remains an innovation in the UK.
This event was attended by those shaping national and regional policy, educators, OD and leadership experts, CCG leaders and senior clinicians from all professional backgrounds including nurses, doctors and allied health professionals.
Tel: 0113 2124 180
Sign up to receive regular news.
- Leadership for Recovery and Reform
- Inspiring women doctors in training symposium event presentations
- Opportunities for group consultation training in the north-west
- The leader as coach: building stronger teams event presentations
- Designing and commissioning services for children and young people with asthma: A good practice guide